I did not think I could love more than I already do but magically, my heart grew big enough for two.
Potty training my son has been quite the journey and is, unfortunately, not over yet. I have learned quite a bit from the experience though and I thought it might help some of you mentally prepare…
- Shit, shit everywhere
- I didn’t realize how much a little body could hold. Seriously, how does a two-year-old pee enough to fill a small pool?
- Not only will there be shit everywhere but it is apparently fun to play in it, just ask my potty training toddler
- Potty Training children can be spiteful – Even though he knows how and likes to use the potty he will only use it if he is in the mood. I think it’s a conspiracy, he’s out to get me
- Potty training diapers are needlessly expensive. I don’t understand how they are so much more expensive than regular diapers which are already priced too damn high for something the kids soil
- Did I mention the shit? I would much rather change a diaper than clean it out of toys and off the floor
- Consistency is key… and I suck at it
- You need to be mentally prepared
- You are going to spend most of your day in the bathroom. They go a lot, you will need to go, and sometimes they just like to sit on the toilet for no reason. They will want you to sit on the edge of the tub beside them while they do all of this. You might as well set your life up in there and have your meals delivered
- One day they will be wiping their own butts and wanting privacy… and you will miss all of it
Apparently a Mom
Were you aware that monsters main source of nourishment comes from grass. Also, did you know there is an Apparently a Mom Youtube Channel?